Office Services Executive
|Date:||Jan 29, 2019|
Our client is a reputable multinational law firm and is a member of the ‘Magic Circle’.
Resource and Workflow Management
- Managing peaks and troughs in the workload, allocating work appropriately and ensuring that the individual secretarial workload is balanced
- Regularly reviewing the legal support service levels with Practice Managers
- Allocation of secretaries to fee earners and secretarial buddy groups
- Allocation and monitoring of the Saturday on duty and holiday on-call system
- Ensuring cover is provided for fee earners during absence (sickness, holidays, maternity) of secretaries
- Managing the HK Document Production Unit (DPU) to ensure continuity of service levels across day and night shifts
- Managing the interface between secretaries and the DPU (London, Mumbai/New York), taking corrective action when required
- Assisting in recruitment process for new secretaries, involving Practice Managers at relevant stages
Performance Management and Career Development
- Organizing (and delivering if required) tailored induction programmes for new secretarial staff
- Briefing new secretarial staff, working practices, performance standards
- Review performance and training needs of new joiners after 3 months and work out a development plan where appropriate
- Assisting in developing and reviewing a development and training plan for each member of the secretary group where applicable
- Ensuring that training needs are delivered (liaise with HR team over soft skills training and IT over technical training programmes and regularly reviewing effectiveness) in line with firm's policy and strategy.
- Collecting feedback from individual fee earners during appraisal process including setting up and taking notes in the appraisal meetings.
- Addressing performance management issues by liaising with the Office Services Manager.
- 6-8 years’ work experience with at least 5 years in a legal environment
- Preferably experience of managing a team.
- Matriculated or above
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- Excellent command in both spoken and written English
- Meticulous, proactive and highly motivated team player
- Able to build rapport with stakeholders
To apply for the position, please click the “Apply Now” button.
on LinkedIn to be the first person to learn about our featured mid to senior level opportunities.