People & Learning Executive
|Date:||Jan 29, 2019|
Our client is an international UK law firm that has an open and dynamic working environment that reflects the culture of the firm. There's little in the way of hierarchy and our people are encouraged to be themselves and take on as much responsibility as they are ready for, whilst receiving the support they need to develop both their professional and business skills.
Reporting to the Practice Director for Asia and the People & Resourcing Manager for Hong Kong, the role will support the full spectrum of Learning and People activities for Hong Kong and being part of a regional and global team.
Learning & Development (approx. 50%)
- CPD (and non-CPD) training programme for HK and Singapore: working with practice group leads and Practice Director to coordinate identified training needs (in line with compulsory CPD requirements and themes emerging from performance reviews and training needs analysis). Coordinating and arranging all professional examinations and qualifications for fee earning staff (i.e. OLQE);
- Internal training event management: overseeing the running of all training courses – booking rooms, sourcing and managing external speakers, sending reminders, organizing catering and equipment, arranging materials for courses, meeting and greeting speakers, ensuring room set up and overall smooth running of events;
- Be:It: administering the global learning /course management system for Asia (setting up learning tracks, setting up training, managing online invites / reminders and driving understanding and engagement of the system across the HK and Singapore offices);
- External learning events for clients: working with the BD team in respect of client related training events and ensuring CPD compliance in respect of these elements;
- Event evaluation: administering post seminar and CPD arrangements e.g. preparing and consolidating evaluation summaries (for both internal and client training events);
- Development plan meetings – managing all administration, paperwork, booking of meetings, inputting of training needs following on from meetings etc.;
- Trainee Post seat Check ups - managing all administration, paperwork, booking of meetings, inputting of training needs following on from meetings etc Job title People & Learning Executive Vacancy reference [PWA post reference] Business area People & Talent Development;
- Induction and on boarding: coordination and arrangement of all induction learning programmes and tracks for Asia new joiners. Overseeing the quality and delivery of locally provided IT training and identifying broader IT training needs across the office.
People & Talent (approx. 50%)
- Supporting the graduate recruitment team in respect of the execution and organization of external recruitment events and initiatives (careers fairs, presentations, open house events etc). Candidate liaison and arranging interviews;
- Graduate recruitment correspondence including dealing with direct enquiries and administration of online graduate recruitment system (our current system is CVMail);
- Supporting the People & Resourcing Manager in respect of screening and assessment of CVs / training contract and internship applications o Involvement in assessment & selection events to include facilitation of assessed exercises and conducting graduate interviews;
- In consultation with Brand & Talent team, arranging branded material and other collateral to support the developing trainee brand in Asia and for use at recruitment events;
- Social Media - managing various social media platforms on behalf of the firm to be used in a recruitment context (e.g. Weibo, Twitter, LinkedIn, blogs). Role to include posting (and translation if relevant) of alerts, driving local engagement and uptake, spotting opportunities to use social media tools for recruitment and employer branding benefit;
- Edge – spotting opportunities for people and talent related stories for Edge and coordinating as appropriate.
- Recruitment administration including direct applicant administration and general correspondence. Maintaining a database record of vacancies, CVs submitted and applicant progress;
- Support to People & Resourcing Manager with arranging interviews and liaise with recruiters;
- Maintaining a database of recruiter Terms of Business Where appropriate attending interviews and assisting with support staff recruitment assignments.
Reviews and performance management
- Support to People & Resourcing Manager in respect of coordination and administration of all review processes – Quarterly reviews for all staff members and trainee mid and end of seat reviews;
- Coordination of review briefings and training with partners and staff members.
- Support People & Resourcing Manager on a range of compliance activities dealing with relevant regulatory bodies or government authorities including The Law Society of Hong Kong, ESSAR and Immigration authorities;
- New starter / leaver administration – supporting the People Manager with internal administration around new joiners / staff movements;
- Understands and can operate the firm's HR systems to enable them to carry out the role efficiently and effectively;
- Understands and works with the HR policies, processes and procedures that are in place;
- Carries out any HR admin tasks when appropriate, to include ensuring filling is up to date and bespoke reporting as requested by the business / People team;
- General flexible approach and support at times of peak workload / supporting and assisting any People / Learning projects and firm wide campaigns as required;
- Supporting collation and preparation of annual L&D budgets and plans;
- Auditing and reviewing budget expenses and allocation of finance codes for reporting purposes;
- Provide other ad hoc office administration support as operations required.
- Minimum of 2 years' relevant Learning & Development experience in a professional or financial services firm environment is highly preferred. Candidates with law firm experience (include Graduate Recruitment) will have a definite advantage;
- Ability to manage multiple projects collaboratively and take direction well. Ability to learn quickly and adapt amid conditions of fast business growth;
- A team player who enjoys contributing in a genuine team environment with both regional and global colleagues;
- Organization and time management skills are key with ability to multi-tasks and prioritise workload;
- A positive attitude and a helpful, friendly manner with strong spoken and written English is essential. Good proficiency in MS Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
To apply for the position, please click the “Apply Now” button.
on LinkedIn to be the first person to learn about our featured mid to senior level opportunities.